Wednesday 17 July 2013

Wedding Reception Timeline: Cheat Sheet To A Traditional Reception Schedule

A carefully planned reception timeline is necessary to maintain a smooth wedding affair. After all, this is when the celebration really starts. Below is a quick cheat sheet to a traditional schedule followed by millions of couples all over the world. It may be customized based on the bride or groom’s preferences. It may also differ depending on the customs and traditions of a specific country. However, the basic order of events is itemized here. Let this be a guide to those who are tasked to organize the party and have the huge responsibility to make this occasion extra-memorable.

Part 1. Cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres.
As soon as the ceremony ends, the new husband and wife often head off some place for picture-taking. Meanwhile, the guests are asked to proceed to the reception venue. While waiting, appetizers and wines are presented to them.

The term “hors d’oeuvres” refers to food items served before the main course. The variety of choices is determined by the formality of the theme and the culture of the attendees. Popular picks comprise of vegetable salad, bread rolls, taquitos and imported or domestic cheese with crackers. On a cultural perspective, if you’re having a catering event in a Philippine setting, some exotic recipes include kebab frog or frog barbeque in Filipino and kuhol or expensive snail/slug.

Part 2. The Grand Entrance, Introduction and Dinner.
The arrival. The parents (bride first, groom after), the entourage (bridesmaids, groomsmen, maid of honour, best man, flower girl and ring bearer) and then the newlyweds enters the hall.

The first dance. This is like announcing publicly that “two becomes one”. So they dance – him and her. Then, her with her father, him with his mother.

The toast. Usually headed by the best man, he speaks his best wishes. The maid of honor, and the parents make their speeches as well. This segment officially marks the end of the cocktail hour.

Dinnertime. Everyone takes turn to go to the buffet area. Otherwise, the catering guys hand out their shares.

Part 3. The Party.
The Dancing. After dinner, the sweethearts take the center stage to take the lead. This formally announces that it’s grooving time.

The Cake Cutting. As they cut it together, the action signifies that they would be there for each other no matter what. Afterwards, the cake serves as a dessert for all.

Special Program. Majority considers a special program to follow. This includes the tossing of the bouquet and garter.

1 comment:

  1. I am by name Miss jane ,And i am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-boyfriend that I love so much. I had a boyfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when his friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to him just because he was been jealous of his friend that i was dating and on the scene my boyfriend just walk in and he thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to him that his friend always do this whenever he is not with me and i always refuse him but i never told him because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but he never believed me. he broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make him believe me but he never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. AKHERE and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete