Wednesday 23 January 2013

Old Manila Churches For Weddings

Weddings have always been important events and it is not surprising that weddings nowadays require careful planning. Aside from the other wedding details such as the catering, the wedding attires, flowers, and such, one of the first things a couple needs to decide on is where to have their wedding.

For a predominantly Catholic country like the Philippines, churches are the default wedding venues.

For those who live in Manila, there are numerous beautiful churches to choose from. Because of Manila’s old churches, this city is a popular destination for those who prefer to have their wedding in an old Catholic church.






Below are just a few of the old churches in Manila that are popularly used as wedding venues.


  • Manila Cathedral. This church is known for being the seat of the Archdiocese of Manila. With its beautiful, intricately-designed façade and simple yet regal interiors, Manila Cathedral is a favorite especially among the weddings of those in the upper class society.




  • San Agustin Church. One of two remaining Catholic churches inside the Intramuros, the San Agustin Church is among the oldest stone churches in the country. With the intricate paintings on its ceiling and its radiant chandeliers, the San Agustin Church is often chosen for weddings not just because of its importance in the country’s history but also largely for its magnificent interiors.
  • San Sebastian Church. This Catholic Church is unique because it is the only church in the country and in Asia that is all-steel. This distinguishing characteristic has made the San Sebastian church in the Quiapo area one of the favorite churches for weddings.
  • Binondo Church. Right smack inside Manila’s Chinatown, the Binondo Church continues to be among the most beautiful churches in the country. Its interior, with the painted ceilings, has been likened to that of the St. Peter’s Dome.
  • St. Pancratius Chapel. For those who are looking for a relatively small old Catholic Church, the St. Pancratius Chapel is a good bet. The church can only hold around 70 people but its surrounding area is spacious and refreshing with its garden and even a fountain in the middle.

1 comment:

  1. I am by name Miss jane ,And i am so happy to testify about a great spell caster that helped me when all hope was lost for me to unite with my ex-boyfriend that I love so much. I had a boyfriend that love me so much but something terrible happen to our relationship one afternoon when his friend that was always trying to get to me was trying to force me to make love to him just because he was been jealous of his friend that i was dating and on the scene my boyfriend just walk in and he thought we had something special doing together, i tried to explain things to him that his friend always do this whenever he is not with me and i always refuse him but i never told him because i did not want the both of them to be enemies to each other but he never believed me. he broke up with me and I tried times without numbers to make him believe me but he never believed me until one day i heard about the DR. AKHERE and I emailed him and he replied to me so kindly and helped me get back my lovely relationship that was already gone for two months. Email him at: AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com or call / whatsapp: +2349057261346

    ReplyDelete